Travelling to school
If your kids are travelling to school again, it’s important that they follow the government advice and remember the Hands, Face, Space message.
Why not download our student travel tips, stick them to your fridge and make sure everyone travelling is good to go.
Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
Wear a face covering, unless exempt
Keep 1 -2 metres space from others
To help your kids protect themselves and others, here are a few extra things they can do to enjoy a smooth journey to and from school.
- Check train times in advance, the timetable may have changed since they last travelled
- Use our busy trains tool to see if they can choose a quieter train in the morning
- Remember face coverings (unless exempt). If your child forgets theirs, our staff may have spares at the station. British Transport Police do patrol our trains to check for face covering compliance, so your kids don’t want to be caught out
- Look out for others, and keep your space as other passengers may be feeling anxious about travelling. It’s better to stay in the same part of the train you get on at, and not move around too much once onboard
- Follow the one way systems set up at stations, they’re there to help everyone travel safely
Buy tickets and check trains easily with the c2c train travel app
Plan your journey, buy your ticket and load it directly to your Smartcard, all within our app.
Our Safer Travel Pledge means everyone can travel with confidence. We’re boosting cleaning on our trains, supplying hand sanitiser points at busy stations, and providing extra help and information for our customers.
For more information on travelling with confidence see our advice here.